If you want to know a bit more about some of my musings, here are a few links for you.
1. Bali People Carriers
Nick of Bali Blog proposes an efficient, clean and economically viable public transport system
which also has to be user friendly
He wants a mass transit monorail system for the urban areas backed up with a fleet of electric buses for intercity travel. For his personal use, he'd prefer a horse and buggy.
2. Lovers of quaint and grandiloquent English should need no reminding of Michael Quinion's World Wide Words
So forget I mentioned it.
3. You might also be interested in My Favorite Word
Mine is BUTTERCUP
4. Escalator Rules OKDiamond Geezer
has 15 rules for newcomers to the new-fangled moving staircase
. They're written in quaint English. Verily, thou shalt have thy work cut out to comprehend it, methinks.
5. Your cellphone may be bugged Your mobile phone company could make money from selling information about your location to the companies that offer this service.
And the police, the security services and, be careful guys, your spouse.
Now you know why Jakartass won't have one.
6. SBY and the new Broadcasting Law.
Read Yosef Ardi
for an inside view of why SBY is seeking to curb the media. Mr President, in a democratic country, media and politics normally have a kind of love and hate relationship. Live with that.
And read Yosef Ardi
for inside dope on business deals, cronyism and shareholder meetings. Fascinating stuff.
From the ever-fascinating J-Walk Blog