Let those without sin ...."Sin creates (an inclination) to sin; it engenders vice by repetition of the same acts. This results in perverse inclinations which cloud conscience and corrupt the concrete judgment of good and evil. Thus sin tends to reproduce itself and reinforce itself, but it cannot destroy the moral sense at its root."Para. 1865, Catechism of the Catholic Church, 1994, quoted here.
While Filipinos mourn the loss of their only Cardinal Sin
, here in Indonesia we still have all seven
- sexual desire, such as desiring sex with a person one is not married to.
- wasting of food, either through overindulgence in food, drink or intoxicants, misplaced desire for food for its sensuality, or withholding food from the needy
- a desire to possess more than one has need or use for or, according to Dante, 'excessive love of money and power'
- laziness; idleness and wastefulness of time allotted.
- inappropriate feelings of hatred, revenge or even denial, as well as punitive desires outside of justice.
- resentment of others for their possessions ~ in this case, a boyfriend..
- a desire to be important or attractive to others or excessive love of self.Several of these sins interlink, and various attempts at causal hierarchy have been made. For example, pride (love of self out of proportion) is implied in gluttony (the over-consumption or waste of food), as well as sloth, envy, and most of the others.