Patung, of Indonesia Matters
, has compiled a list of the Top 100 Indonesian Blogs
which, he says, is "just a mechanical way of looking at things
", so I'm not overly offended that Jakartass is (only) ranked no.22.
When it comes to the Top English Language Blogs In Indonesia
, Jakartass is 8th and Green Indonesia
, my other blog which recycles Jakartass posts on environmental issues, creeps in at 86 - out of 87.
What may please Unspun
(30/10), who's big on so-called 'bridge-blogging', is that 11 of the top twenty are authored by Indonesians.
And here are a couple of blogs I've recently stumbled across which don't feature in either list but are worthy of your consideration.Society of Spectacle
is by an Indonesian student who's recently moved to Berlin and is a regular reader of this site and several others in the neighbourhood.Jakarta - Urbanblog
is new, with a focus, naturally, on Jakarta by Mr. T. Belfield who is an urban studies student here. That should keep him busy for the foreseeable future..
There's a similar blog - Indonesia's Urban Studies
- by Deden Rukmana, Assistant Professor of Urban Studies at Savannah State University, Savannah, Georgia, USA. He rarely updates unfortunately, but then maybe he also focuses his professional eye on Savannah.
And here is a large family of blogs on various topics. The majority of them are somewhat kilobytes heavy, but if you're not registered to access the Jakarta Post
, then you might find that elusive article within.Cempaka Indonesia
, the 'home page', has a number of separate news aggregators - all related to Indonesia.Cempaka Putih
- IT and stuffCempaka Green
- Environment issuesCempaka Nature
- Flora and faunaCempaka Projects
- Construction, Oil, Gas, etc.Cempaka Marine & Fisheries - Self-explanatoryCempaka Land, Air and Water - dittoCempakaTourism and Culture - dittoCempaka Business and Economy - ditto
That should keep you busy, I hope, whilst I get down to my annual snail mail missives for the folk 'back home' who have yet to get into this InterWeb thingy. They still expect pen-to-paper efforts, which means no cut and paste Naked Lunch streams of consciousness, or e-Xmas cards for them.
Ho, ho, ho ....... hum.