UnhingedWith his still-life performances, this German artist seems to unhinge the laws of gravity. For hours on time, he remains, as a living work of art, in physically impossible positions. Elevated or reduced to the state of a sculpture, he interacts with the bewildered and irritated audience, whose appetite for communication rises as time goes by, often culminating in the wish to touch the artist in his superhuman, angelic appearance in order to participate in his abilities.
This seems to sum up what I feel about today's missive from my ISP, Indosat
. Somehow it seems to unhinge the laws of customer service. Before you read it, please note that the last paper
invoice I received from them was dated February 25th, 2007. Before that, it was 25th June 2005
.Dear IndosatM2 Valued Customer,
It is such a pleasant feeling to be able to greet you again. We are truly hoping that you could always enjoy our service conveniently.
Participation on Conserving the EnvironmentTo support our commitment in providing convenient service to all customers, as well as our responsibility to support and take part in conserving the environment, we take one step at a time, start by saving paper, saving trees, and preserve resources. Therefore; commencing July 2008, billing statements for Internet Broadband 3.5G dan Dial Up Service
(which I have) will be sent electronically instead of delivery by courier.IM2 E-Billing
For your convenience, e-billing facility we provide is free of charge. The package also comes with many benefits such as:
- Fast - quick and reliable delivery process. You do not have to wait for the mail or worry your invoice delivered past due date, or even becoming lost.
- Convenient – you will be able to view your billing detail anytime anywhere, and all data could easily be saved on your desktop for future reference.
- Environment Friendly - by reducing paper source, you also take part in conserving forest in Indonesia.
- Free - no additional cost for e-billing service.
- Flexible – we offer variety form of billing service. First priority would be an electronic statement to your email address. Should you wish to receive original copy, delivery service via courier is available with additional cost of Rp. 4.000,- / invoice (plus tax 10 %).
Please be advised that copy of invoice via e-billing is considered as an official document.
In other words, they are now charging for courier service, but if you want to print out an e-bill ~ thus negating the chance to be Environment Friendly ~ then that's ok.
I wonder, too, if Indosat has weighed up the costs of storage and processing all the bills of their customers because one of the biggest growth areas in electricity consumption is the server industry.We do hope that the information we provide could answer and accommodate what necessary in settling the administration purpose, equally you could optimize the service in more pleasant way.
Enjoy convenience with IndosatM2.
Nanan D. Machdi
Customer Service Manager
What I think is that the best way I "could optimize the service in more pleasant way" is to find an almost free ISP offering good customer service and a reasonable bandwidth.
Which country would be best?